Borromeo String Quartet with Nicholas Cords, viola [CONCERT] Online
Explore musical relationships in Beethoven’s late works with the preeminent Borromeo String Quartet, featuring his op. 130 string quartet and the legendary Grosse Fuge, labelled by Stravinsky as “an absolutely contemporary piece of music that will be contemporary forever.” Renowned violist Nicholas Cords joins the quartet for a performance of Beethoven’s 8th symphony in transcription. Hailed for its passionate and fearless performances, the Borromeo carries listeners through extremes of expression, from intimate to triumphant, playing monumental works to celebrate the 250th anniversary of Beethoven’s birth.
For updates and extras, visit loc.gov/concerts.
Starting at 8pm on the scheduled premiere date, each video will be available on the following platforms:
- Facebook: facebook.com/pg/libraryofcongressperformingarts/videos
- Concerts website: loc.gov/concerts
- YouTube: youtube.com/loc/
This event is not hosted by the SJR State Library. We are sharing news of this free event because it is related to the curriculum offered at the College and, therefore, may be of interest to our students, faculty, and staff.
- Saturday, December 5, 2020
- 8:00pm - 9:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL: https://www.facebook.com/pg/libraryofcongressperformingarts/videos/