Ran Dank and Soyeon Kate Lee, pianos [CONCERT] Online
Relive a treasured 19th-century concert experience when this award-winning duo performs Liszt’s storied transcription of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, op. 125 for two pianos. About the Liszt transcriptions, musicologist Donald Tovey declared “they prove conclusively that Liszt was by far the most wonderful interpreter of orchestral scores on the pianoforte the world is ever likely to see.” Come witness the birth of Liszt’s novel pianistic effects in a series covering all the Beethoven symphonies in these rarely performed transcriptions.
For updates and extras, visit loc.gov/concerts.
Starting at 8pm on the scheduled premiere date, each video will be available on the following platforms:
- Facebook: facebook.com/pg/libraryofcongressperformingarts/videos
- Concerts website: loc.gov/concerts
- YouTube: youtube.com/loc/
This event is not hosted by the SJR State Library. We are sharing news of this free event because it is related to the curriculum offered at the College and, therefore, may be of interest to our students, faculty, and staff.
- Saturday, December 12, 2020
- 8:00pm - 9:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL: https://www.facebook.com/pg/libraryofcongressperformingarts/videos/