Braver Angels Depolarizing Within Workshop Online
Much of today’s polarization is driven by how we talk with like-minded people about those on the other side. Too often, we stereotype, dismiss, or ridicule our fellow citizens who support the other political party, its leaders, and its policies. This “Depolarizing Within” workshop will help participants learn & practice skills for having more respectful & productive political conversations with people on the “other side.”
This free three-hour workshop teaches participants:
- How to be more aware of their own “inner polarizer”
- How to be critical without demonizing, dismissing or stereotyping large swaths of the population
- Strategies for intervening constructively in social conversations with like-minded peers when these conversations veer into contempt and ridicule for people who hold other political views.
Workshop Format: The 3-hour workshop is offered online over Zoom.
Who can come? Anyone interested in examining their own inner polarization and learning strategies to disagree without condemning or ridiculing others.
Questions? Contact Paul Witte at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop is a free event brought to you by Braver Angels in partnership with Florida Humanities as part of the “Why it Matters: Civic and Electoral Participation” initiative, administered by the Federation of State Humanities Councils and funded by Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
This event is not hosted by the SJR State Library. We are sharing news of this free event because it is related to the curriculum offered at the College and, therefore, may be of interest to our students, faculty, and staff.
- Saturday, March 27, 2021
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL: https://floridahumanities.org/event/braver-angels-depolarizing-within-workshop/